Skip to main content

How can you be found if not lost?

HOW CAN YOU BE FOUND IF NOT LOST?
by #JJD_Peterson
dated: 2019-06-09
Luke 15:11-32 TS2009 11. And He said, “A certain man had two sons, 12. and the younger of them said to his father, ‘Father, give me the portion of goods falling to me.’ And he divided his livelihood between them. 13. “And not many days after, the younger son, having gathered all together, went away to a distant country, and there wasted his goods with loose living. 14. “And when he had spent all, there arose a severe scarcity of food throughout that land, and he began to be in need. 15. “And he went and joined himself to one of the citizens of that country, and he sent him to his fields to feed pigs. 16. “And he was longing to fill his stomach with the pods which the pigs were eating, and no one gave to him. 17. “But having come to himself, he said, ‘How many of my father’s hired servants have bread enough and to spare, and I am perishing with hunger! 18. Having risen, I shall go to my father and say to him, “Father, I have sinned against the heaven, and before you, 19. and I am no longer worthy to be called your son. Make me like one of your hired servants.” ’ 20. “And having risen, he went to his father. And while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was moved with compassion, and ran and fell on his neck and kissed him. 21. “And the son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against the heaven, and before you, and I am no longer worthy to be called your son.’ 22. “But the father said to his servants, ’Bring out the best robe and put it on him, and put a ring on his hand and sandals on his feet. 23. And bring the fattened calf here and slaughter it, and let us eat and rejoice, 24. because this son of mine was dead and is alive again, and he was lost and is found.’ And they began to rejoice. 25. “And his older son was in the field, and when he came and approached the house, he heard music and dancing. 26. “And having called one of the servants he asked what this meant. 27. “And he said to him, ‘Your brother has come, and your father has slaughtered the fattened calf because he received him back in health.’ 28. “And he was wroth and would not go in. So his father came out and pleaded with him. 29. “And answering, he said to his father, ‘See, these many years I have been serving you, and I have never transgressed a command of yours, but to me you have never given a young goat, so I could rejoice with my friends. 30. But when this son of yours came, who has devoured your livelihood with whores, you slaughtered the fattened calf for him.’ 31. “Then he said to him, ‘Son, you are always with me, and all I have is yours. 32. And we had to rejoice and be glad, for your brother was dead and is alive, and was lost and is found.’ ”
Institute for Scripture Research
For many years as a Christian, I went to church, claiming I was lost, found, and repented, but I was still living with girls who were not my wives, which is adultery, Exodus 22:16, Romans 7:2-3, lying on my income tax returns, Leviticus 19:11, which is stealing and lying, and rejecting the biblical Sabbath every seventh day for a man made tradition, Exodus 20:8-11. When asked to join a community on the Sabbath, I rejected and persecuted them for being Jews trying to save themselves.
As long as we aren't lost, we won't be found:
"Honey," proclaims your wife while driving circles in the city, "Will you just pull over and ask directions?"
"Who said I'm lost?"
As long as we are convinced we are not lost, we can't be found. It is not until a person is grieved for the sins they have committed against the Elohim of heaven and earth, that they would fear judgment, repent and begin keeping those things which they disobeyed, and seek forgiveness from Him Who provides the Lamb of cleansing.
For me the conversion was a little different. I wondered why a Messiah was sent into the world to live perfectly, then die for sinful man; why would the Father send a Lamb into the world? Like in the song "Amazing Grace", "It was grace that taught me to fear." For if grace had not been sent, then I wouldn't have considered that I needed redeeming; I wouldn't have known I was lost.
Amazing Grace Hymn:
Facebook video Hymn link

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Importance of the cross, the importance of the Cross?

THE IMPORTANCE OF THE CROSS, THE IMPORTANCE OF THE CROSS? By JJD_Peterson Dated: 2019-07-01 Do we know why Messiah went to the tree? Because if we break the Father's Torah even one time, we need redemption. What is the Torah? It's the laws of Elohim for us found in the first five books of the old testament. If we truly valued the Messiah for becoming the Lamb of Elohim, we would stop putting Him on the tree, and seek to obey the Father instead. If we were in debt to Elohim, and appreciate His sacrifice, shouldn't we appreciate forgiveness, and stop piling up more sin on the innocent Son? Has the tree of Messiah become the sinner's credit card? Let it not be! Romans 6:1-2 TS2009 1 What, then, shall we say? Shall we continue in sin, to let favour [or the tree] increase? 2 Let it not be! How shall we who died to sin still live in it? I believe if we actually knew that our sin put Messiah on the tree, we would stop sinning. Whoever keeps on sinning does not love Him...

DO WE OFTEN TIMES AGREE TO THINGS WE KNOW VERY LITTLE ABOUT?

  DO WE OFTEN TIMES AGREE TO THINGS WE KNOW VERY LITTLE ABOUT? by #JJD_Peterson, Date: 2019-08-21 It's really no surprise that we may say "AMEN" to commands we don't understand, but resist the ones we do. For instance many Christians will agree that they shouldn't commit adultery, but when hearing the command, nod their head and say "Amen". But have they truly considered that if the woman is married a second time while the first husband remains alive, that they are living in adultery themselves, Romans 7:2-3, Exodus 22:16? For example, the woman at the well with Messiah, in John 4: Didn't Messiah say to her that she's had five husbands, and the one she had was not her husband? Do you think she may have also been ignorantly saying "Amen" to the command "Thou shalt not commit adultery" while ignorantly living in it? Or maybe she knew and continued transgressing. Is this just as the title says? We agree to th...

Did you know Girlfriend and Boyfriend is not in the Bible?

Did you know Girlfriend and Boyfriend is not in the Bible? Only Marriage and Adultery Exodus 22:16, 1st Corinthians 6:9-10, Deuteronomy 22:28-29 By: JJP Peterson Dated: 2018-07-10 Attention to the young men and anyone willing to hear the law on marriage: If you are shacking up with some woman, and you've gone into her, the bible calls this either adultery or marriage. HOW WILL YOU KNOW IF IT IS ADULTERY OR MARRIAGE? ADULTERY : If the woman you're shacking up with gave her virginity to a guy before you, and he is still alive, then he is her husband as long as he lives, and if you continue a relationship with her, while her husband lives, you are committing adultery, and no practice of adultery inherits eternal life, 1st Corinthians 6:9-10. MARRIAGE : If the woman you're shacking up with was a maiden or a virgin for you when you went in to her, then she is your wife for all your days, and you are not allowed to put her away to get another, or you'd be committing ...